The Community Services Department provides affordable, accessible, integrated and sustainable services to the community of Mkhondo Local Municipality. The department’s objectives and strategies focus on the strategic intent of the Municipality in achieving the vision and mission in line with the identified priority issues and program.
- The law enforcement of road traffic act and register and license motor vehicle, examination of drivers (DLTC) and examination of vehicle (MVTS)
- The proper management of the disposal of waste within the municipality
- Establishment of gardens and parks within the municipality
- Encouraging the community to participate in sport and establishment of sport facilities within the municipality.
- Encouraging the community to study by providing them with libraries.
Develop relevant processes, procedures and guidelines documentations to ensure accountability by both public and municipal officials and by ensuring availability and existence of:
- By-laws and policies
- Asset registers
Assets management system: keep records of municipal asset for accurate updating, operation and maintenance of landfill site and assets.
Support Cost Recovery:
- Ensure accountability through municipal by-laws
- Identify and rectify illegal dumping.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting service level agreement.
- Embark on EPWP projects, COGTA project for waste management and CWP projects.